He courted trouble post his stint in AIB Roast last year, but Bollywood star Ranveer Singh, known for his brazen outspokenness, doesn’t repent being a part of the controversial show. He says “some people didn't like it and it's okay”.
Ranveer Singh, Karan Johar and Arjun Kapoor
Asked if he regrets being a part of the infamous show, Ranveer said: "No. Our intentions were good. We did that for charity. We introduced a new form of comedy in the ambit of entertainment and some people didn't like it. So, it's alright.”
The actor delved upon last year's controversial episode at NDTV Indian Of The Year 2015 award ceremony here on Tuesday.
The “Gunday” star was announced as the Entertainer of the Year, and when he was asked about the AIB incident, he quipped that he will maintain a safe distance form 'roasts'.
“When you are so eager to entertain like I am, you get strange requests. So, I met a really wealthy man at a function recently. He said, 'Beta, you are great. Next time in Dubai, you come to my house and I will call all my guests. I want you to do 'roast' over there.' I said you give me as many crores as you want, but I will not repeat the mistake," he said.
The All India Bakchod (AIB) Knockout, which saw Ranveer and Arjun Kapoor being 'roasted' by 'roast-master' Karan Johar, was tough to digest for a section of society with its abuses and vulgar gestures. The live ticketed show, which was also aired online, received brickbats and an FIR against 14 people, including the celebrity trio was also lodged.
On the film front, after hitting the jackpot with “Bajirao Mastani”, Ranveer is prepping up for his next “Befikre”, which marks Aditya Chopra's comeback as a director. He stars in it opposite Vaani Kapoor.
J. Jayalalithaa passes away: Her life in pictures
Photos: Shah Rukh Khan, Deepika Padukone, Alia Bhatt at an awards show
Photos: Big B, Iulia Vantur at Himesh Reshammiya's album launch
Photos: Aamir Khan with 'Dangal' actresses at fashion show
Spotted: Twinkle Khanna, Shriya Saran at an event in Mumbai