Ranveer Singh is the only actor after superstar Shah Rukh Khan to be directed by ace director Aditya Chopra and he feels extremely proud and excited for the project.
Chopra has so far directed only SRK in all his films, from 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge', 'Mohabbatein' and 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'.
However, Ranveer, 30, does not feel any pressure.
"There is no pressure. I am happy, super charged, there is excitement and energy. It's a light romance. It's a matter of great pride for me to be playing Aditya Chopra's next leading man," Ranveer told PTI.
The "Gunday" star is excited to be doing the film, titled 'Befikre'.
"Definitely a big film for me... A big leap, a big step forward careerwise. After doing a big film like 'Bajirao Mastani' one thinks to one self...what next... Is there another film that is going to excite you and the answer is yes... Aditya Chopra's next film. The excitement is way up there," he said.
'Befikre' was announced by Chopra on the eve of his late father Yash Chopra's 83rd birth anniversary on September 27.
Chopra had last directed Shah Rukh Khan-Anushka Sharma-starrer 'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi' in 2008.
Ranveer, who was launched as an actor in Bollywood in Chopra's home production film 'Band Baaja Baaraat', is all praise for the director.
"He is an incredible man. A true lover of cinema. He has an amazing business acumen when it comes to films. He is a director who makes very few films...special films. He is the biggest director of Indian cinema and it's an honour and privilege for me to be cast after Shah Rukh Khan in his films," he added.
The romantic drama that stars Ranveer and Vaani Kapoor in the lead roles would be shot extensively in Paris.
The 'Ram Leela' actor is looking forward to the release of 'Bajirao Mastani' scheduled on December 18.