Father woke up only to find his son dead, with his right arm completely chewed off
A four-month-old boy died after rats gnawed his entire right arm from the shoulder down at his Ulhasnagar hutment yesterday. Unfortunately, for the tot, his parents were fast sleep and they only realised the grisly incident when they woke up in the morning.
Four-month-old Ganesh died after his right hand was completely
eaten by rats at his Ulhasnagar hutment yesterday
According to police, the infant Ganesh was sleeping on the floor with his father Machhindra Ganpat Kamble (55) and mother Ambua (30) in the night at Sanjay Gandhi Nagar hutments, Ulhasnagar-3.
In the morning, the next day, around 7 am, Kamble found that Ganesh lay still and wasn't responding to his wake up calls. On touching the baby, he found that his child's body was cold and was shocked to see the right hand mauled.
Kamble rushed the baby to the Central Hospital in Ulhasnagar where doctors declared him dead before admission. The doctor informed Kamble that the child died after rats ate his arm. "We have registered an accidental death," said an officer of Central police station, on condition of anonymity.
Kamble works as a labourer in an under construction building and this was his second marriage. His first wife had died earlier.
Photos: Shraddha Kapoor, Kim Sharma at 'Haseena Parkar' screening
Mumbai to Goa train: First look at the glass-top Vistadome coach
Shuttler Ashwini Ponnappa keeps it short and sexy on social media
Photos: Narendra Modi, others at Marshal Arjan Singh's funeral
Photos: Sussanne Khan and Nimrat Kaur spotted at a spa in Juhu