Indian Wells, United States: Roger Federer will take time off following his disappointing loss in the Indian Wells final to Novak Djokovic Sunday to get ready for the upcoming clay court season.
The Swiss tennis star's next stop on the ATP Tour will be the Monte Carlo Masters in April. The break from the Tour means the two-time champion Federer won't be playing in the Miami Open next week.
"I am looking forward to training very hard now in the next three weeks," Federer said. "It is the key for me to get really in great shape for the clay court season and for the grass court season."
Federer, who sets his schedule several months in advance, said he also plans to go home to Switzerland and spend some time with his family. This will mark the second time in three years that Federer has not played the Miami Masters. He reached the quarter-finals last year.