The man was travelling on the roof of a CST-bound train from Badlapur, and is believed to be a drug addict. Soon after he got electrocuted, his body perched on the second coach from the motorman’s compartment. Commuters were asked to vacate the train before the corpse was removed and sent to Sion hospital.
Onlookers were as shocked as railway officials on witnessing this unfortunate accident. Despite repeated warnings, commuters continue to travel on rooftops, especially during rush hours.
Earlier this year, a man got electrocuted while trying to imitate a train surfing stunt near Dadar station on the western line. In another incident, a 40-year-old commuter who was travelling atop a Virar-bound train suffered 75 per cent burns after he came in contact with a live overhead wire near Dahisar.
Photos: SRK does garba, Nawazuddin takes 'shower' in bathtub
Photos: Soha Ali Khan, Evelyn Sharma, Urvashi Rautela at Mumbai airport
Spotted: Lara Dutta, Mahesh Bhupathi with their daughter in Bandra
Photos: SRK, Tamannaah Bhatia, Varun Dhawan at Mehboob Studio
Birthday special: Sushant Singh Rajput's journey from TV to films