Thane: At least 20 people in Adavali village of Sahapur taluka under the Takipatar primary health centre fell ill due to a suspected case of gastroentritis, district authorities said here today.
District Health Officer B S Sonawane told PTI that the situation is under control and affected villagers were treated at the Sahapur taluka hospital and discharged.
He said that according to preliminary reports, villagers used bleaching powder to kill fish in the pond, which they ate.
Particles of the bleaching powder seemed to have caued complications, he said.
Photos: Huma Qureshi, Neha Dhupia and other celebs at MAMI
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: Amy Jackson, Daisy Shah at Mumbai airport
Photos: Sridevi, Irrfan and other celebs at 'Mughal-e-Azam' screening
Photos: WWE Diva Kelly Kelly sizzles in bikinis on Instagram