Sajid Nadiadwala’s upcoming film had met with a roadblock after lead actor Salman Khan’s visa to UK was rejected. While the rest of the crew had already begun shooting in London, Salman was held up, thanks to his visa woes. However, insiders say the star has finally managed to procure all the right papers and will be setting sail in a week’s time.
A source close to Salman says, “The happy days are back again. Salman bhai has got the visa to travel to London and will be leaving in a week’s time. In the meanwhile, he will be completing his other commitments in the city.” Initially when the star’s visa was rejected, no reason had allegedly been given for it.
A certain section of the industry speculated if it had something to do with his 2002 hit and run case pending in the court. The next date of hearing on the case is on August 19. Nadiadwala remained unavailable for comment.
Double saves the trouble
In the meanwhile, work on the London sets of the film has not stalled due to the unavailability of its lead actor. Nadiadwala is already in London shooting with the rest of the cast including Randeep Hooda. And apparently, shooting for Salman’s portions is his body double.
A unit hand says, “The body double has been filming scenes that Salman can’t shoot for due to his health issues. This saves a lot of time, money and energy of the crew and the production house. When Salman comes they can begin his portions right away.” Well, they say time and tide wait for none.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport