New York: In a bizarre accident, a 13-year-old girl found her Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt and melted under her pillow.
The north Texas girl kept the phone on charge and wedged her charging phone under her pillow. Hours later, alarmed by a burning smell, she woke up and found her phone fried and pillow scorched, FOX 4 reported. According to the girl's father, he "suspects that the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire".
In a reply, Samsung officials claimed the second-hand battery in the girl's Galaxy phone could have been part of the problem. The company will replace the phone, the pillow and the mattress involved in the accident as "Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously", a company official told FOX 4. "Our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding," Samsung
Photos: Raveena Tandon, Sohail Khan at Marathi film 'Bhay' music launch
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig