New York: In a bizarre accident, a 13-year-old girl found her Samsung Galaxy S4 burnt and melted under her pillow.
The north Texas girl kept the phone on charge and wedged her charging phone under her pillow. Hours later, alarmed by a burning smell, she woke up and found her phone fried and pillow scorched, FOX 4 reported. According to the girl's father, he "suspects that the phone overheated, causing the battery to swell and start a fire".
In a reply, Samsung officials claimed the second-hand battery in the girl's Galaxy phone could have been part of the problem. The company will replace the phone, the pillow and the mattress involved in the accident as "Samsung takes product quality and customer safety very seriously", a company official told FOX 4. "Our user manuals warn customers that phones must have adequate ventilation and airflow and should not be covered with material such as bedding," Samsung
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch