Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt's application for return of his passport was on Tuesday allowed by special TADA court in Mumbai.
Sanjay Dutt. Pic/PTI
Dutt was released from prison last month after serving his sentence in the 1993 Mumbai serial blasts case. "The court has allowed his application," said his lawyer Subash Jadhav.
The 56-year-old actor had last week moved the court of special TADA judge G A Sanap in this regard. CBI, the prosecuting agency, told the court it has no objection to his plea.
The Bollywood star was arrested on April 19, 1993, for possession and destruction of an AK-56 rifle, which was part of cache of arms and explosives which landed in India prior to the serial blasts of March 1993.
Dutt was sentenced to six years' prison term by the TADA court, which the Supreme Court later reduced to five years.
Pics: Prabhas, Tamannaah Bhatia at 'Baahubali 2' first look launch at MAMI
'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' photos: Aishwarya, Anushka, Karan get candid at MAMI
Photos: Huma Qureshi, Neha Dhupia and other celebs at MAMI
Photos: Amy Jackson, Daisy Shah at Mumbai airport
Photos: Sridevi, Irrfan and other celebs at 'Mughal-e-Azam' screening