Sochi: Sebastian Vettel requested patience and understanding yesterday as he and Formula One tackled questions on his future and the safety of drivers following last weekend's crash-marred Japanese Grand Prix.
Speaking to reporters ahead of this weekend's inaugural Russian Grand Prix, the four-time world champion, who last week announced he will leave Red Bull next season, said there was no "golden answer" to questions on safety.
Frenchman Jules Bianchi, 25, remained in a 'critical but stable' condition in Japan following his life-threatening crash, when his Marussia car collided with a recovery vehicle.
"I think it is very difficult right now to give the golden answer," he said. "There are a lot of circumstances to consider, in that type of accident, but there is something to learn for sure, always.
"We have to try to digest it and make the right conclusions. It would be wrong after just a couple of days afterwards to come up with something that is not thought through."
Jules Bianchi (inset) of France and Marussia receives urgent medical treatment after crashing during the Japan GP on October 5. Pic/Getty Images
On his future, he said: "I hope to make an announcement soon and then, when that comes out, then it will be clear enough and you can draw a conclusion on why I had to wait."
Vettel has been linked with a move to replace two-time champion Spaniard Fernando Alonso at Ferrari, but none of the parties involved have made any comment. Alonso supported Vettel's proposal to wait and see before making any proposals in reaction to Bianchi's accident.
"There is an investigation going on and we don't have the details to make any changes. Let the people do their work and then, whatever, we can share it," he said.
Photos: Alia Bhatt, Sunny Deol at an event in Mumbai
Photos: Akshay Kumar, Taapsee Pannu promote 'Naam Shabana'
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: These Indian cities top the list in online purchase of sex products
In pictures: Indian-origin artistes in Hollywood