PrevNext

Shah Rukh Khan still a part of Aanand L Rai's next, say sources

Despite rumours suggesting otherwise, those close to Shah Rukh Khan say he's very much a part of filmmaker Aanand L Rai's upcoming directorial

Rumour mills, of late, have been buzzing about Shah Rukh Khan's exit from Aanand L Rai's next because Eros International is on board as co-producers. Last month, the production-distribution company got the star's goat when it went to court, seeking to restrict single screen theatre owners from screening SRK's 'Dilwale', which clashed with its project, 'Bajirao Mastani'. 

Also read: An ego battle? 'Dilwale' vs 'Bajirao Mastani' clash gets dirty

Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan

However, those close to SRK say he is very much part of the project, which was recently rumoured to have gone to Ranveer Singh. The film had earlier been offered to Salman Khan.

Says a source, “Shah Rukh is still a part of Rai's film. In fact, they met on Thursday evening to discuss a few things in the script. SRK is working out his dates and the official announcement will come after he signs on the dotted line.”

Also read: Aanand L Rai wants to make a romantic film with Shah Rukh Khan

SRK and Rai remained unavailable for comment.

Aanand L Rai
Aanand L Rai

The filmmaker, in September last year, had rubbished rumours about casting the star in his next as a dwarf. “I am really amused by the rumors, since people seem to know more about my film than I do. I am still working on the script and funnily enough, several have already started speculating about the cast and the title. I request people to stop jumping to conclusions and allow me to make an official announcement on the film, which we will make as soon as we finalise all the details,” he had said.

The source, however, says, “Neither of them will talk about until the contract has been signed. Alia Bhatt and Deepika Padukone are being considered for the lead roles opposite him.”

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply