Ram Palat Pal was bitten by a snake around 4 am yesterday, when he was sleeping in his rented apartment in Ambernath
A 27-year-old man who was bitten by a venomous snake at his Ambernath residence in the wee hours of yesterday is battling for life at the KEM Hospital in Parel.
Ram Pal is being treated at KEM Hospital in Parel
The incident occurred around 4 am, while Ram Palat Pal was sleeping in his rented apartment at Ladi Naka. Soon after he was bitten, Pal was rushed to the nearest hospital, but the doctors there advised his relatives to take him to the Central Hospital in Ulhasnagar.
Unable to stabilise him, doctors at the Central Hospital suggested that Pal be shifted to KEM. He was rushed to the hospital around 11.30 am for further treatment.
Pal, who hails from Uttar Pradesh, had came to Mumbai five years ago in search of employment and was surviving by doing odd jobs. He is the sole breadwinner for his family back in UP. “My brother’s condition was very serious before we admitted him to KEM. After two bottles of saline were administered, he has shown slight improvement.
He now blinks whenever we call out his name. When Ram realised that a snake had bitten him, he immediately called his cousins for help. They informed me about the incident. Ram’s family in Gorakhpur has been told that he is out of danger,” said Pal’s elder brother Tirloki.
“The patient needs to be kept under observation, as the venom has spread to most parts of the body. We can comment on the patient’s condition only after observing him for the next five to six hours,” said a doctor from KEM.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch