Boy was bitten on his right leg by a snake; has been treated with anti-snake venom (ASV), but his condition is still critical
A nine-year-old boy was bitten by a snake outside his house at Yeoor village in Thane yesterday. The boy, Akash Dhangad, was playing near his house when the incident took place around 12 noon.
The boy was rushed to Thane Civil Hospital for treatment and is currently under observation in the ICU
Laxman Dhangad, the boy’s father said, “My wife and I were out at work when I got a call from our relative saying that Akash had been bitten by a snake.
We immediately rushed home and took him to Thane Civil Hospital.” Laxman and his wife are daily wageworkers and they live with their relatives in the village.
“Akash was playing alone near his house when he came running to us and narrated the incident. There was blood coming out of his right leg, where the snake had bitten him,” said the victim’s relative.
Doctors at the civil hospital have treated the boy with anti-snake venom (ASV), however his condition is still quite critical and he has been shifted to intensive care unit (ICU) for further treatment.
“We have given the patient all the requisite treatment and kept him on ventilator. The ASV will help curb the poison from spreading further.
The BTCT test (Bleeding time clotting time) does not reveal any further spread, and the case is currently being considered as neurotoxic (poisonous to nerves),” informed the doctor at the civil hospital.
Number of snakebite cases that the civil hospital in Thane treats every month
Photos: Huma Qureshi, Neha Dhupia and other celebs at MAMI
Flashback: When sexy models sizzled in bikinis at Tokyo fashion show
Photos: Amy Jackson, Daisy Shah at Mumbai airport
Photos: Sridevi, Irrfan and other celebs at 'Mughal-e-Azam' screening
Photos: WWE Diva Kelly Kelly sizzles in bikinis on Instagram