After 1,500 students from Mumbai division did not get their results, the board came out with a statement yesterday, saying the schools are to blame
Adding insult to injury for schools, the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education (MSBSHSE) came out with a statement yesterday, blaming them for the SSC results of thousands of students being withheld.
Despite Harchand Lokhande Madhyamik Vidyabhavan in Gorai getting this acknowledgement from the board that the internal assessment marks had been received in April, the marks of five of its students have been reserved
mid-day had reported yesterday (‘SSC board reserves results, leaves thousands in the lurch’) on how the board had reserved results of 1,500 students in Mumbai division alone as their internal assessment marks were not added to their total. Schools had said on Tuesday itself that the marks had been sent to the board and they were not at fault, but the board’s statement insisted that the blame lies solely with the schools.
Refusing to take the allegation lying down, the Mumbai Principals Association has written a letter to the Pune state board chairman and secretary stating unequivocally that schools had followed the board’s rules. “The state board had sent us a pre-list of our SSC students, which was riddled with errors.
They kept resending the pre-list with mistakes but we had submitted the internal assessment marks along with the corrected pre-list,” said Prashant Redij, a member of the association and principal of a Kandivli school.
‘Clear the air’
The association has demanded that board officials clear the air as many parents have complained to the schools that their children’s marks have been withheld because of the schools’ mistake.
“All our schools are dealing with complaints from parents, who think we have not submitted the marks. Whereas, we have proof that the board accepted the marks in April itself. How can the board blame us still?” asked Redij.
While schools had sent the internal assessment to the board by the end of February, many schools were asked to re-submit the list after the SSC exams were held. Principals shared documents with mid-day which prove that the board had received the pre-lists with students’ internal assessment marks even in April.
On Wednesday, hundreds of parents and students flocked the Mumbai divisional state board office in Vashi to try and find out their marks. On Tuesday, close to 700 students whose results had been withheld, had submitted a copy of their hall ticket at the office in order to procure their results.
“My son’s result has been reserved and, with no marks in hand, we are not sure if his junior college admission form will be accepted online. There is absolutely no clarity,” said Ajay Multani, father of a St Xavier’s Boys Academy student.
Don’t worry, says board
Mumbai Divisional Board Chairman Laxmikant Pande told mid-day that students whose marks have been withheld for various reasons need not worry about the admission process.
“We have already sent the correct marks of all students to the Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), so when children apply for the junior college admissions, they only have to fill in their hall ticket number and name, and their marks will automatically be filled in,” said Pande. He added that all students will get their marks in the next two-three days.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport