PrevNext

Suspect action bowler Ankush Jaiswal plays match sans MCA knowledge

Parsee Gymkhana's cricket secretary and vice-president Khodadad Yazdegardi has demanded an explanation from the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) after 23-year-old off-spinner Ankush Jaiswal, who was called for chucking in the Ranji Trophy league stage, bowled in the Times Shield 'B' Division match at Cross Maidan last week.

Ankush Jaiswal
Ankush Jaiswal 

Jaiswal starred in Mumbai Customs Sports Club's comprehensive victory over Nirlon Sports Club, claiming four wickets in the match (5-0-19-2 in first innings and 9-0-61-2 in the second outing).

Jaiswal, son of a groundsman, made his Mumbai Ranji Trophy debut on November 23 against Madhya Pradesh, claiming five wickets in the match at Indore. He was reported for a suspect action and is yet to get his action cleared by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).

'He isn't cleared by BCCI'
Yazdegardi was furious over Jaiswal being allowed to bowl. "Jaiswal's teammates told the umpires that he has got special permission from the MCA to bowl in the match. On what grounds was he allowed to bowl when the BCCI has not cleared his action? It doesn't matter whose permission one has acquired to bowl.

It is totally unfair to allow chuckers to bowl in local matches. I will be raising this issue strongly in the Annual General Meeting on January 22," Yazdegardi told mid-day.

Yazdegardi raised his concern yesterday, fearing Jaiswal could bowl in today's Purshottam Shield semi-final between MIG Cricket Club (Jaiswal's club team) and Cricket Club of India.

MCA's Joint Honorary Secretary Dr Unmesh Khanvilkar said no permission was granted for Jaiswal to continue bowling in official matches.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply