The deceased, Savleram Balu Sarode, was a resident of Tal-Shirur.
The patient had been admitted to KEM hospital first, but was shifted to Poona Hospital after he was diagnosed with H1N1 on September 28.
Sarode passed away after developing septic shock because of H1N1 viral pneumonitis.
Mumbai Roundup: 9 incidents that took place this week
Photos: Ajay Devgn, Parineeti, Tabu at 'Golmaal Again' trailer launch
Photos: Dipika Pallikal Karthik oozes oomph in bikinis and sarees
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's grand birthday bash
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing