Ten major announcements made by new BCCI chief Anurag Thakur
Anurag Thakur was elected BCCI President on Sunday and immediately took charge of affairs by making ten key announcements regarding the reforms process and initiatives for cricket lovers
Newly-elected BCCI president Anurag Thakur took charge of affairs on Sunday and made some announcement regarding the reforms and measure set to be undertaken by the Indian cricket's governing body.
Thakur vowed to carry on the reforms process in the BCCI, insisting that the Board would not run away from implementing the "practical" recommendations of the Supreme Court-appointed Lodha Committee.
BCCI president Anurag Thakur intracts with media during a press conference in Mumbai on Sunday. Pic/PTI
Here are some of the major announcements made by Thakur on the reforms/measures set to be undertaken by the BCCI:
- BCCI to give advertisement for National team's chief coach's post and the deadline to submit applications will be June 10.
- Rs 100 Crore earmarked for one-year water conservation project using Solar Panels, trying 'Rain Water Harvesting' and 'Sewage Treatment' to conserve water during crisis like drought.
- Rs 5 Crore corpus created for next 5 years to help the visually challenged and deaf and dumb cricketers.
- Santosh Rangnekar appointed new Chief Financial Officer (CFO) as part of reforms suggested by Lodha Panel.
- Minimum 10 percent free tickets for international matches allocated for girl students, specially-abled persons.
- Specially designated seating area for the physically challenged persons.
- All stadiums in India to have seats with numbers for convenience of spectators.
- All state units told to create official Facebook/Twitter accounts as well as have websites wherein they can engage fans by uploading relevant information and statistics.
- Creating 'Mobile Coaching App' licensed by BCCI which can be used in cricket academies in remote areas where they can get access to state-of-the-art coaching as 70 percent associated with these academies have access to smartphones.
- Implementation of Central Contracts for India's women cricketers and a detailed report sought within a month.