Washington: 'The Lego Movie' has topped the weekend box office by earning 69.1 million dollars, according to studio estimates.
'The Lego Movie'
The better-than-expected result made the Warner Bros. collaboration with the Danish toy company is easily the biggest hit of the year so far, with a sequel already in development, Fox News reported. George Clooney's World War II caper 'The Monuments Men' opened in second place earning 22.7 million dollars.
The top 10 flicks at the weekend box office are:
1. 'The Lego Movie' - 69.1 million dollars
2. 'The Monuments Men' - 22.7 million dollars
3. 'Ride Along' - 9.4 million dollars
4. 'Frozen' - 6.9 million dollars
5. That Awkward Moment - 5.5 million dollars
6. 'Lone Survivor' - 5.3 million dollars
7. 'Vampire Academy' - 4.1 million dollars
8. 'The Nut Job' - 3.8 million dollars
9. 'Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit' - 3.6 million dollars
10. 'Labor Day' - 3.2 million dollars
Comments will be moderated and allowed if they are relevant to the article and not abusive in nature. Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *