Nagpur: Three of a family were electrocuted due to a faulty earthing near an air-cooler at their residence in Mankapur area in Nagpur, police said on Friday.
The tragedy struck a retired Assistant Police Sub-Inspector (ASI) Kishor Ambadas Damle (61), his wife Anjali (55) and their married daughter Vinisha Kale (33) on Thursday.
The incident occured when Vinisha switched on the air-cooler and suffered electric shock. After hearing her scream, the parents rushed to her rescue but got electrocuted too.
Police have registered a case of accidental death.
Mumbai Roundup: 9 incidents that took place this week
Photos: Ajay Devgn, Parineeti, Tabu at 'Golmaal Again' trailer launch
Photos: Dipika Pallikal Karthik oozes oomph in bikinis and sarees
Photos: Kareena Kapoor Khan's grand birthday bash
Photos: 'Dangal' girls Sanya Malhotra, Fatima Sana Shaikh's dinner outing