Jaipur: Three members of a family, including a woman and a child, died due to suspected food poisoning in Chittorgarh district of Rajasthan, police said on Wednesday.
The deceased have been identified as Jamna Bai (45), her sister's son Bhairo (10) and her brother's son Naresh (25), they said. The incident happened yesterday when Jamna Bai had gone to see her elderly mother Ghisi Bai (70) with Bhairo.
"Jamna Bai and Bhairo suddenly fell sick and died. Their cremation was performed the same day in their village without post-mortem being conducted," Bhainsroadgarh police station SHO Mithu Singh said.
Late in the evening, Ghisi Bai and her grandson Naresh died, Singh said, adding, that their post-mortem was conducted.
Singh said that Ghisi Bai appears to have died a natural death but prima facie it seems others died due to food poisoning.
"After the post-mortem, bodies were handed over to family members yesterday," he said.
Photos: Akshay Kumars son Aarav's night out in Juhu
Photos: Shilpa Shetty, son Viaan, Geeta Basra on 'Aunty Boli Lagao Boli' sets
Photos: Isha Ambani and mom Nita show their stylish side
Photos: Ileana D'Cruz flaunts plunging neckline in black dress
Photos: Shamita Shetty, Bhumi Pednekar at fashion show