According to moviemistakes.com, the list includes an interesting collection of screw-ups, which includes crash helmets appearing from nowhere, visible filming equipments in the frame, changing headlights and misaligned orbits.
Some of the critically acclaimed movies like ‘Gravity’, action flick ‘A Good Day to Die Hard’ and ‘The Hangover Part III’ have made it to the list.
1. Gravity (factual error): The shuttle’s original mission in the movie was to service Hubble, but when the shuttle gets wrecked, Kowalsky moves with Stone to the ISS which appears to be “a short hike away”. However, Hubble orbits at an altitude of 350 miles/560km, and the ISS at 250 miles/410km, thus it wouldn’t have been possible.
2. A Good Day to Die Hard (continuity mistake): In the car chase, when the blue van is hit, the left side headlight dislodges and is dangling down for most of the chase, but in a far shot, the right headlight is seen dangling.
3. The Hangover Part III (factual error): In a scene, Chow is seen carrying around 21 million dollars worth gold bullion, a bar weighs 400 ounces and the gold prices at that time were around 1,200 dollars per ounce. Chow is seen carrying two bags, thus he''s supposedly carrying 8,750 ounces, or about 550lb, on each arm.
4. Iron Man 3 (continuity mistake): When Tony Stark is in his garage injecting his arm, his chest piece is seen glowing brightly through his shirt, but in the very next shot his chest piece is suddenly turned off.
5. Now You See Me (Visible crew/equipment): In the scene where agents arrive at the Four Horsemen''s apartment to arrest them, and Dylan is seen exiting the car, the reflection of the boom mic is clearly visible in the other car’s window.
6. Star Trek Into Darkness (continuity mistake): When Admiral Marcus'' ship appears in front of the Enterprise after coming out of warp, a set of panels begins to close over the main deflector dish. But, in the next shot the deflector dish is fully visible again.
7. The Wolverine (factual error): The bombing altitude for Nagasaki was 30 000 feet (~10 km), but in the opening scene the planes bombing Nagasaki are a lot lower than that. The bomb also detonated at 1,500 feet, not at ground level as shown.
8. Fast & Furious 6 (continuity mistake): During the runway scene, Shaw''s vehicle is seen fitted with HID type headlights (blue tinge), but during the sweeping wide angle shots the lights are a standard yellow.
9. World War Z (revealing mistake): When the family''s car is about to be hit by the ambulance as they try to escape downtown, Gerry is driving and his wife is up, leaning over the passenger seat talking to their daughter. But as the camera angle changes, it is visible that there is nobody in the car and the ambulance driver is wearing a safety helmet.
10. Gangster Squad (factual error): The RCA 77D microphone, which the nightclub singer with tropical fruit headwear sings into, is wrongly positioned, as to get it to work correctly it needs to be pointed away from the singer or placed in a vertical position for side pickup.