Saran: At least two people died and five were hospitalised on Wednesday after drinking poisonous toddy in a village in Bihar's Saran district, police said.
The incident took place at Sikti village in Saran, about 100 km from Bihar capital.
"Two villagers died soon after drinking poisonous toddy and five fell ill and were admitted in a hospital for treatment," a district police official said.
Some villagers told police that after consuming toddy, they complained of severe stomachache and uneasiness.
Police have arrested Jogendra Chaudhary, the toddy seller.