Unknown facts and secrets about Brett Lee
As we celebrate the birthday of Australian fast bowler, Brett Lee, we let you in on some secrets about the famous pacer.
- Brett Lee began playing cricket at 8 years of age.
- Brett Lee is part of a band 'Six and Out' comprised of fellow NSW cricketers: Brad McNamara, Gavin Robertson, Richard Chee Quee, and brother, Shane Lee.
- Besides being a pro at acoustic and bass guitars Brett Lee can also play the piano and the mouth organ.
- His acoustic guitar is with him on every tour.
- His Maton guitar is his most prized possession which is autographed by iconic musicians.
- Brett Lee is the co-owner of a café called 'Fusions Coffee Shop/Bookshop' with Luke Harriss.
- Brett Lee is the first Australian cricketer to claim a hat-trick in a World Cup (2003 vs Kenya).
- When not playing professional cricket, Brett gets back to Barclay's Menswear where he worked as a suit salesman before he debuted in Tests.
- Brett Lee has the fear of heights.
- Favourite rugby league team: St George Illawarra Dragons.
- Favourite cricketers: Dennis Lillee and Allan Donald.
- First car: Daewoo Cielo.
- Favourite cuisine: Indian.
- Favourite pizza: Hawaiian.
- Favourite Hollywood Actors: Eddie Murphy, Adam Sandler, Sandra Bullock.
- Favourite Bollywood Actor: Amitabh Bachchan.
- Favourite Movies: Shawshank Redemption, Happy Gilmore.
- Favourite TV shows: 60 Minutes and Australia's Funniest Home Videos.
- Favourite author: Stephen King.
- Favourite soccer team: Sydney FC.
- Competed at state level for javelin.
- Person he would like to be for a day: Elvis Presley.
- His non-cricket sporting heroes are the Socceroos.
- Starred in a short film called ‘Dream Date’, directed by Adam Rainford.
- First Hindi song he heard: Muqabla Muqabla, when he was 17 years old and on the U-19 tour of India. He still owns the cassette of that song.
- Featured in a duet song with legendary Indian singer, Asha Bhosle called ‘You’re the one for me’. The song reached a peak position of no.1 on Indian and South African music charts.
- Brett is also learning the Hindi language and is often speaks basic Hindi on his visits to India.
- His best cooking is beef stir fry.
- Once was the host of a program called Personal Best.
- Featured in ‘Flash Force’ a cartoon, as a hero.
- In first cricket match at the age of 9, he bowled out six batsmen in succession in a single over.
- Is in the credits of Hollywood movie 'Babe', as a pig-handler.
- Made a cameo in the Bollywood movie 'Victory' as himself.
- First pet: Rabbit named Floppy.
- Has two clownfish as pets, named them Finding and Nemo.