Johannesburg: Former world number one Venus Williams has climbed 10 places to 14th in the latest WTA tennis rankings following her Wuhan Open win last week.
Venus Williams. Pic/ AFP
The 35-year-old American clinched her second title of the year after Garbine Muguruza of Spain was forced to retire during the second set of the summit clash on Saturday.
Despite the loss, the Wimbledon finalist Muguruza climbed three places to a career high ranking of fifth, Sport24 reported.
Meanwhile, Venus' younger sister Serena continues to maintain the top spot following a stellar 2015 campaign.
1. Serena Williams (USA) 11,285 pts
2. Simona Halep (ROM) 6,670
3. Maria Sharapova (RUS) 4,692
4. Petra Kvitova (CZE) 3,851
5. Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 3,691 (+3)
6. Lucie Safarova (CZE) 3,406 (-1)
7. Flavia Pennetta (ITA) 3,253 (-1)
8. Agnieszka Radwanska (POL) 3,225 (-1)
9. Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 3,220 (+3)
10. Angelique Kerber (GER) 3,220 (+3)
11. Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 3,211
12. Carla Suarez Navarro (ESP) 3,055 (-2)
13. Belinda Bencic (SUI) 3,015 (+1)
14. Venus Williams (USA) 2,972 (+10)
15. Ana Ivanovic (SER) 2,785 (-6)
Photos: Kajol, Sridevi, Raveena Tandon at Mumbai airport
In pictures: Remembering Bal Thackeray
These images of fitness expert Sapna Vyas Patel will make you go wow!
Photos from Namrata Shirodkar's family album you will love to see
Pics: Kriti Sanon, other celebs at Sushant Singh Rajput's birthday bash