Wankhede security guard gets day off today
Vikas Dalvi, the security guard of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) who dared to stop Shah Rukh Khan from entering the Wankhede Stadium during the last IPL season, will not be on duty for the Mumbai Indians versus Kolkata Knight Riders match today.
The MCA decided to give Dalvi a break today. "I will not be there for tomorrow's match. MCA has asked me to take leave to avoid any unnecessary attention," Dalvi told MiD DAY.
Even though Shah Rukh won't be allowed to attend the match due to the five-year ban imposed on him, the MCA is keen that the focus is on the match and not on Dalvi. "The media will be around and I don't want any attention. They will keep asking me about that incident. I am not afraid, but they (MCA) want to play safe," said Dalvi.
The Bollywood superstar and KKR co-owner was involved in an ugly spat with Dalvi and some MCA officials after their win over Mumbai on May 16 last year.
Shah Rukh with his daughter and other kids tried to enter the playing arena when Dalvi prevented the actor from taking the field. An agitated Shah Rukh abused Dalvi. He also took on the MCA officials. An emergency managing committee meeting was called to look into Shah Rukh's behaviour and a five-year ban was imposed. Only recently, Shah Rukh had reportedly violated an IPL protocol by entering the team's dressing room during the innings break.
Meanwhile, PTI reported that the MCA has informed the police to prevent Shah Rukh from entering the stadium. "We wrote a letter to Marine Lines police station today asking them not to allow Shah Rukh Khan inside the stadium tomorrow. This was after the police had asked us to send a letter to that effect," said MCA president Ravi Savant.