We will sign players, vows Man United manager Moyes
Barcelona have turned down two bids — the latest reportedly of more than 30 million pounds — from United for the Spanish midfielder, 26, and new Barca boss Gerardo Martino on Friday insisted he was not for sale.
“I couldn’t tell you at the moment and can’t tell you if there will be another bid. Obviously we will take stock of it and consider what we are going to do next,” Moyes said in Hong Kong, ahead of his side’s friendly against local side Kitchee today.
“What we’ve got here is a really good squad of players already, so you mustn’t forget about the quality that is already here at Manchester United.
“Undoubtedly we are hoping to add to it (the squad) and I am confident we will do, certainly before the (transfer) window shuts.”
On the so-far failed Fabregas bid he added: “I never at any time said I knew we would get (Fabregas), just that we had made offers that had been rejected. We’ll take stock of the situation and see where we go from there.”
The United boss, who has only been in the Old Trafford hot seat for four weeks, was tight-lipped about the future of striker Wayne Rooney, who has asked to leave the club and is currently injured.
United cancelled an open training session at the 40,000-seat Hong Kong Stadium that had been scheduled for yesterday because of the poor state of the pitch, where Spurs’ Jan Vertonghen was hurt on Wednesday.