Next

What B-Town stars feel about media invading their privacy

Two top actresses with two drastically different opinions about dealing with the media. While Katrina Kaif recently wrote an open letter to the media, chiding them about using her pictures while she was on a holiday, Deepika Padukone says, “If I am a public figure and if someone has captured me, I feel I should be more careful.

While certain celebrities argue that over the time, their state of ‘private being’ is constantly being invaded by the media, others feel that given their glamorous status, they can hardly shy away from the glare of the arclights or the camera bulbs. Being under the constant gaze of the public eye is after all a small price to pay for the glitz and glamour that stardom brings.

Aye

Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan

I chose this life and when I stand on top of my building and wave, there are many happy faces, which in turn makes me very happy. I want this life and I know I am a public figure. So with good things, there are some others that used to disturb me. People also wanted to peek inside my house but I would protect my children, my family and my friends as ferociously as I can. But I have accepted all these and on 99.9 per cent occasions, only good things will happen and I don’t want to get disturbed by the remaining 0.1 per cent.

Tusshar Kapoor
Tusshar Kapoor

It is now a part and parcel of the media boom that Hollywood saw many years ago. Now since our film industry is growing and becoming bigger, it had to happen. I think that as an actor, one has to learn to adapt and become more cautious.

Raima Sen
Raima Sen

I think all celebrities want their private lives to be kept under wraps. Like for example if I go to a night club with someone, I cannot expect the media not cover it simply because it is a public place. Sometimes public shoot pictures and upload them and it is not always the media we can pin the blame on.

Richa Chaddha
Richa Chaddha

The society is moving towards the tabloid culture of the US. Social networking and microblogging sites have made stars very accessible. And the Internet has given relevance to gossip as news. It’s inevitable. I would say let people do their job. Live and let live. Actors are in the public domain but they are not public property.

Nay

Katrina Kaif
Katrina Kaif

I agree the media has the freedom but my point is that there is a difference between roaming in public and being on a holiday in the middle of nowhere. You shouldn’t have to be looking over your shoulder. It is just a request for people not to use the picture. Those who feel it is okay to use them, will do so. But at least I know I have done my bit to ask.

Manoj Bajpayee
Manoj Bajpayee

Media folk will behave the way you want them to. Once you let them peep into your personal life, they will always come in even when you don’t want them to. I lead a very boring family life. I go to my shoots, finish them, get my cheque and come home. But I have maintained that I will keep my personal life personal and the media understands that.

Imran Khan
Imran Khan

The paparazzi culture is starting to sneak in here and I’ve always found it strange. I personally have never had anything to hide so I’m perfectly fine with it. But it is not fair to take away someone’s personal choice. You should allow a person to follow what they feel is correct. In my case, I was dating Avantika long before I joined the industry. So, there was never a question of who I was seeing. I even announced that I was getting married. I was never uncomfortable talking about. But it is not fair to assume that it is that easy for everyone.

Neetu Chandra
Neetu Chandra

Media has become like a family member who wants to know every possible thing happening in your personal life. They scare me sometimes because the freedom of revelling in love and family is suffocated by them.

Jacqueline Fernandez
Jacqueline Fernandez

I find it unfair taking pleasure and advantage of a person in a vulnerable position. Celebrities are humans too. Why target them for no reason?

0 Comments
    Leave a Reply