Next

WICB paves way for Gayle's return

The West Indies Cricket Board has paved the way for Chris Gayle's selection to the national team but uncertainty continues to hover over the actual date of return and his role in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the WICB.

Chairman of CARICOM's Prime Ministerial sub-committee on cricket, Antigua and Barbuda's Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer announced on Wednesday that the year-long impasse between the left-handed opener and the WICB had been resolved, 'Trinidad and Tobago Express' reported.

Chris Gayle

His announcement follows weeks of negotiations which started in St. Vincent last month between the concerned parties and which were facilitated by St. Vincent Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves.

Chairman of CARICOM's prime ministerial sub-committee on cricket, Antigua and Barbuda's Prime Minister Baldwin Spencer announced Wednesday evening that the year-long impasse between the embattled Jamaican and the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) had been resolved. 

 

His announcement follows weeks of negotiations which started in St. Vincent last month between the concerned parties and which were facilitated by St. Vincent Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves. 
 
Gayle, however, in a statement dated March 23, said while he had signed the agreement, he remained ineligible for West Indies duty for the duration of the Indian Premier League which winds up May 27. 
 
The former Windies captain currently has a legal case against the WICB which the Board said it wanted discontinued.

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply