E-paper
Next

Will start 'Total Dhamaal' with Sanjay Dutt next year: Director

Director Indra Kumar says he plans to start 'Total Dhamaal' with actor Sanjay Dutt next year.

Sanjay Dutt
Sanjay Dutt

During an interaction on 'Magic Makers', an interactive show at #fame that connects the makers of a film with fans, Kumar spoke about the third instalment of the "Dhamaal" series, read a statement.

He said “Many actors were keen to play the lead for the sequel of 'Double Dhamaal', but I was sure that if there is a sequel, then it will be with actor Sanjay Dutt only. I waited for over three years for him, and next year, I plan to direct Sanjay in the sequel which will definitely be a ‘Total Dhamaal’ for viewers and his fans."

Sanjay, who walked out a free man from jail earlier this year, 23 years after his legal problems began over his possessing an assault rifle, has been getting projects galore. He was to start an untitled film with Siddharth Anand, but it got delayed as the director has asked for more time for pre-production work.

In the meantime, Kumar is all set for the release of "Great Grand Masti", which is to release on July 22.

The director, who received bouquets and brickbats in equal measure for the thriller comedy film "Masti", said: “While in India, people appreciate Hollywood films like 'Hangover', I thought why not make a film in Bollywood along similar lines.

"In Bollywood, an adult comedy film is considered as a taboo. It is high time people grow up and learn to appreciate good films irrespective of the genre.”

Nevertheless, he went ahead and made "Grand Masti" after nine years.

When quizzed on why actor Tusshar Kapoor, the co-producer of "Great Grand Masti", was not considered for the upcoming film, he said: “There was no compulsion to cast him, and apart from Aftab (Shivdasani), Vivek (Oberoi) and Riteish (Deshmukh), there was no need for the fourth lead in the film.”

You May Like

MORE FROM JAGRAN

0 Comments

    Leave a Reply