Winehouse died from too much alcohol

Oct 27, 2011, 07:41 IST | Agencies
Singer Amy Winehouse's death this summer was the result of alcohol poisoning, an inquest ruled yesterday, as it reached a verdict of "death by misadventure."

A pathologist told a coroner's court in north London that alcohol toxicity was the cause of the 27-year-old's death, with her blood-alcohol levels measured at more than five times the legal limit for driving.

At the inquest, the coroner said Amy Winehouse's blood-alcohol levels
measured more than five times the legal limit for driving

The artist, who had battled with alcohol and drug abuse over several years, was found dead at her north London home July 23. Testimony at her inquest showed no traces of illegal drugs in Winehouse's system.

Amy's General Physician Dr Christina Romete, who had been treating the star for several years, said she had warned her about the dangers of drink.
The doctor, who described the singer as tipsy but coherent the night before she died, said she had been headstrong about the ways she should deal with her drink battle.

Andrew Morris, the musician's live-in security guard, said he last spoke to her at 2 am on the day she died. Amy had been heard in her bedroom laughing, listening to music and watching television the night before.

Go to top