A 35-year old woman died while three other members of her family, including two children, were in a critical condition after drinking water contaminated with pesticide in Rajasthan's Bhilwara district, police said Tuesday.
According to the police, the incident took place in Dabla village.
"Some neighbours found four of the family members lying unconscious in a house here Tuesday morning. They rushed them to hospital where Maya Prajapat was declared dead, while her two children, Jitendra, 7, and Hanuman, 8, and her sister-in-law Rodhi Devi are undergoing treatment. Their condition is stated to be critical," a police officer said.
During investigation, it transpired that Maya and others had consumed water from a pot which had earlier been used to store pesticide.
"They cleaned it Monday evening and filled it with drinking water. The victims consumed water from it throughout the night," said the officer.
Bhilwara is some 250 km from Jaipur.
SRK-Gauri anniversary: B-Town stars and their non-filmi better halves
Birthday special: Popular mothers and daughters in Bollywood
Spotted: 'Kaabil' star Hrithik Roshan with dad Rakesh Roshan
'Rock On 2' trailer launch: Farhan, Shraddha enthrall audience with live gig
Photos: Deepika Padukone, Sushmita Sen with daughters at Mumbai airport