Agartala: A tribal woman was electrocuted and five members of her family were critically injured, while a drunken couple died after falling into a water body in Tripura, police said on Saturday.
Renukumari Reang, 22, was electrocuted when she switched on the television set in her home at Sarbang in southern Tripura on Friday night. Five of her family members tried to rescue the young woman and were injured, police spokesman Uttam Kumar Bhowmik told IANS.
The five were admitted to a hospital in a critical condition.
In another incident, a tribal couple hailing from Jharkhand died after they fell into a water body in an inebriated condition.
Sambhu Orang, 42, and his wife Bina Orang, 35, fell into a ditch at Jirania in western Tripura on Friday night, police said.
Shikhar Dhawan birthday: Top 10 scores by an Indian on Test debut
Spotted: Shilpa Shetty, Raj Kundra at a Mumbai multiplex
Spotted: Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma and other celebs at Mumbai airport
Photos: Salman Khan's 'special friend' Iulia Vantur at a song launch
Photos: Hrithik Roshan, Anushka Sharma, other celebs dazzle at event