Rajahmundry: An 18-year-old engineering student was today critically injured after he was allegedly electrocuted while taking a selfie on a stationary locomotive near railway station here in East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh.
"The mishap occurred when K Sateesh, a student of Gitam University in Visakhapatnam, came in contact with a high-tension wire while he was taking a snap in his mobile phone after climbing on the parked engine in a shed while five of his friends stood near the loco," said RPF Circle Inspector C Sarath Babu.
Sateesh was immediately shifted to government hospital and later to a corporate hospital and is stated to be critical.
He is suffering from extensive burn injuries, police said.
The inspector said that Sateesh was part of a group of 10 students who were on their way to attend marriage of their friend in Nidadavole in West Godavari district.
'Look' how the Sheena Bora case has taken a toll on Indrani Mukerjea
Photos: Katrina Kaif, Parineeti Chopra, Shilpa Shetty's movie outing in Juhu
Birthday special: 14 Bollywood actors who made it big on TV
Photos: Vaani Kapoor, Poonam Pandey, Sana Khan at fashion event
Photos: Rishi Kapoor, wife Neetu, daughter Riddhima at book launch