Fire breaks out in building at Vile Parle
A fire broke out today morning in a building located at Vile Parle. It was brought under control immediately and there are no casualties.
A fire broke out today morning in one of the units located on the second floor of Pratik Avenue building in Vile Parle.
According to officials, the fire started around 9.50 am in unit no 202. However, fire fighters could control the fire before it could spread to other units and it was brought under control by 11.30 am.
Eyewitnesses recalled that the entire glass facade building, which also houses a reputed fitness center, was evacuated shortly after the fire broke out. The unit, which was gutted, was not open when the fire started.
Four fire engines, three water tankers and an ambulance were rushed to the spot. Though the exact reason for fire was not known, it is suspected that a short circuit could have lead to the fire, which charred the entire electrical wiring, files and papers.
There have been no casualties.