11-month-old boy dies after accidentally consuming kerosene

Published: Feb 22, 2020, 14:39 IST | mid-day online correspondent | Nizamabad (Telangana)

The boy drank the kerosene from a bottle kept near the stove while his parents were busy cleaning the house on the eve of Mahashivratri

This picture has been used for representational purposes.
This picture has been used for representational purposes.

Nizamabad (Telangana): An 11-month-old boy died after accidentally consuming kerosene while playing in his house in Telangana’s Nizamabad district on Thursday. He breathed his last while he was being shifted to a hospital, The Times of India reported.

The incident happened when the infant, identified as A Sai Vardhan, the third child of Sai Charan, a private employee, and Meena, went near the stove and drank the kerosene from a bottle kept there, while his parents were busy cleaning the house on the eve of Mahashivratri.

According to the police, the boy fell ill little while after consuming the kerosene and his parents rushed him to a hospital, from where he was referred to another hospital and he died on the way. The family members of the infant did not file any complaint with the police, thus no case was registered.  

Catch up on all the latest Crime, National, International and Hatke news here. Also download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get latest updates

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK