15-year-old junior-level shooter electrocuted to death in Delhi hotel
The boy had gone for a shower when the incident occurred.
New Delhi: A junior-level shooter died after he was electrocuted in the bathroom of a hotel in East’s Delhi Pul Prahladpur. The 15-year-old victim, Priyanshu Kumar, was in the town for a shooting competition.
According to a report in the Indian Express, Kumar’s roommate Yash Gupta told the police that the boy had gone to take bath when the mishap occurred. Gupta said earlier in the day, they had found that there was no water supply in the bathroom. After the staff fixed the problem, Kumar went to take a shower. Later, Gupta heard Kumar scream from inside followed by a loud thud. He then called the hotel staff who then took out Kumar’s body, the report added.
Police said the boy died owing to electric shock from one of the appliances in the bathroom. A first information report (FIR) under section 304 (A) (death due to negligence) of the Indian Penal Code has been registered.
Hotel chain Oyo Rooms have issued an official statement on their website and social media pages that said that they are deeply saddened by the incident and the property has been sealed till further notice.
— OYO (@oyorooms) October 15, 2019
The hotel chain also said in its statement they would be suspending the personnel working in and associated with the property to ensure an unbiased investigation.
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Ayodhya Verdict: Temple at disputed site, alternative plot for mosque