177 cases of norovirus infection confirmed in PyeongChang

Feb 12, 2018, 17:43 IST | IANS

Organisers of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics said Monday a total of 177 cases of norovirus infection have been confirmed since the outbreak in the Olympic host town last week

PyeongChang Winter Olympics

Organisers of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics said Monday a total of 177 cases of norovirus infection have been confirmed since the outbreak in the Olympic host town last week.

The organising committee added that 19 new cases were confirmed on Sunday.

No athletes have been affected by the virus, which is known to cause stomach pain and diarrhea, it said, reports Yonhap news agency.

The newly confirmed patients include three members of civil security staff.

The organisers said 68 of those affected have fully recovered and returned to work.

The organising committee earlier said in a statement that a survey of tap water, food staff and food items was under way to trace the route of transmission.

Catch up on all the latest sports news and updates here

Download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go

Trending Video

Dale Steyn speaks about his seven-wicket spell in Nagpur Test

This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK