25-year-old shot at for marrying woman from same 'gotra' in New Delhi
The couple eloped and got married in November last year, police said, adding that the two were staying in Matiala in West Delhi after their marriage
New Delhi: A 25-year-old man sustained a bullet injury following an argument with the relatives of his wife who were against their marriage as they belonged to same 'gotra', police said on Wednesday. The couple eloped and got married in November last year, police said, adding that the two were staying in Matiala in West Delhi after their marriage.
The incident took place on Tuesday in Uttam Nagar area at around 10.30 pm when Bobby, a first year student at a college here, was stopped by his wife's brothers Nitin (26) and Neeraj (30) while he was returning home. They thrashed Bobby and shot at him.
The bullet, however, brushed past his elbow, police said. He was rushed to the Deen Dayal Upadhyay Hospital, where his condition was stated to be stable. The two accused were absconding and efforts were underway to nab them, police said.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Aditya Pancholi claims he was threatened with a rape case, submits video
- Mumbai: Kids show how to sort out Vile Parle's traffic woes
- Mumbai: BPO firm asked to pay Rs 2.62 crore or face recovery proceedings
- Mumbai: Narrow approach stalls Jogeshwari project
- Pune: Honest janitor returns mangalsutra worth Rs 2 lakh
- Deven Bharti is new ATS chief, Maharashtra
- Mumbai: HC refuses to vacate stay on BMC's Tree Authority
- Medicine shortage: BMC blacklists rogue supplier
- Dadar's Chitra Cinema to shut down; SOTY 2 to be its last day last show
- Nick Barnes: Power to humiliate has increased dramatically
- Action should follow new BMC chief's promises
- Ramona Narang: The transformation of high society's once wild child
- Aranya Johar: The 20-year-old poet who is taking the internet by storm
- A walk through Mohammed Ali Road's Khau Galli
- Interesting facts about the Holy Month of Ramzan
19-year-old girl commits suicide in New Delhi