5 facts about Wonder Woman and the 'Gal' who plays her
The release of Wonder Woman has opened up floodgates to a lot of controversies as well as praises. We list a few facts about 'Wonder Woman', which has become the most talked about film at the moment
'Wonder Woman' poster
The release of 'Wonder Woman' has opened up floodgates to a lot of controversies as well as praises. While a certain part of the audiences loved the fact that a female superhero film was getting the much needed attention, especially since the character was introduced way back in the early 1960's, but it took almost seven decades for a film to be made on it. A few people of the media opposed the film and criticized Gal Gadot, who plays the role. We have listed down few facts about Wonder Woman, which has become the most talked about film at the moment.
- Gal Gadot who plays 'Wonder Woman' in the film, served in the IDF( Israeli Defence Forces) for 2 years which is compulsory for all Israeli citizens. She put up a post supporting the Israeli forces , thereby establishing a Zionist stand. This has led to Lebanon banning her film 'Wonder Woman' in their country. She was also Miss Israel in 2004 and represented Israel in the Miss Universe pageant in 2004. She studied biology in High School and has also studied law.
- Wonder Woman is currently Warner Brother's best reviewed superhero film after Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight, which released in 2008. Rotten Tomatoes has rated Wonder Woman at 94 percent which shares it's positioning again with the The Dark Knight.
- Wonder Woman had a thing with Superman for a few years, when DC decided to shake things in their universe. The New 52 line up even decided to nullify the marriage between Superman and Lois Lane and put the Steve Trevor – Wonder Woman romance on hold. But it didn't seem like this complicated love story took off and eventually, Wonder Woman is back with the perennial love of her life Steve Trevor.
- Wonder Woman's creator initially did not want her to kill people, but yet needed to have her more sterner and ethical moral fabric as compared to her male superhero counterparts. She instead used to take the female super villains to 'Reform Island' and tried to bring out their true, original self.
- For a brief period in 1960s Wonder Woman lost her powers and lived under the alias Diana Prince and opened a trendy and funky fashion boutique in Greenwich Village, New York.
DISCLAIMER: mid-day and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parineeti Chopra and Sidharth Malhotra's dinner outing in Juhu