Go green! 5 green drinks to sip on Saint Patrick's Day
As green happens to be the colour of day and whoever indulged in the celebration dresses up in green clothes and accessories, we thought of presenting some cool green drink ideas to you
The traditional death date of Saint Patrick, the foremost patron saint of Ireland, is celebrated on 17th March. Saint Patrick's Day is a public holiday in Ireland and is marked as the official feast day on the Christian calendar. So, while Ireland and other nations indulge in a fun and food extravaganza on the eve, why not we indulge in some mocktail session? As green happens to be the colour of day and whoever indulged in the celebration dresses up in green clothes and accessories, we thought of presenting some cool green drink ideas to you. Go non-alcoholic and keep the spirit high!
1. Kiwi smoothie: This colourful protein rich smoothie makes for an amazing drink on the eve of Saint Patrick's Day. You can either make it at home or head to a cafe for a cool refreshing drink. If possible, put a dash of mint flavour for a more refreshing taste and aroma.
2. Grape smoothie: Taker handful of grapes and blend them in a blender. Add a cup of milk, half cup yogurt, sugar, and crushed ice. Blend all these together once again and chill it for hour an hour or two. Take it out and enjoy a refreshing glass of homemade green grape smoothie on Saint Patrick's Day
3. Green Tea Latte: Green tea is full of health benefits and converting it into a latte does wonders to the taste. Either kick start your day with a cup of chilled green tea latte or head for an evening drink in a nearby cafe.
4. Green Apple juice: The juice will keep you refreshed, recharged and pumped up for the celebration. It is readily available and easy to digest. Plan a evening dinner on Saint Patrick's Day and let a glass of green apple juice accompany your delectable dinner platter.
5. Spinach and coconut smoothie: Take coconut milk, spinach and handful of ice and blend it in a mixture along with sugar. Blend it until it turns frothy and refrigerate for sometime. Take it out and enjoy your cool refreshing drink.