Aaditya Thackeray gets his hands dirty for a good cause
Yuva Sena chief Aaditya Thackeray with ministry and BMC officials visited Filter Pada place to set up a cleanup drive for the Mithi river
Yuva Sena chief Aaditya Thackeray, one of the most socially active leader from Maharashtra shared a few pictures on the social media platform, Instagram oh his visit to Filter Pada. He along with Afroz Shah, Ramdas Kadam, some ministry and BMC officials visited this place to set up a cleanup drive.
He penned down a brief note addressing the purpose of his visit, 'Going there myself, after many meetings on Mithi, and especially close to 150 meetings on Mithi improvement by Minister Kadam, I was very impressed by the work. He has made it his mission to make the river a hub of tourism. The work is in full swing and amazing speed. The minister gave us a presentation on how his dept has coordinated with BMC and widened the river at many spots, how the water will be clean with STPs and no sewage water going into it.'
Yuva Sena chief Aaditya Thackeray also added, 'Next 2 years, we will see a cleaner Mithi for sure! Along with Minister Kadam and BMC work, most important work is happening with Afroz and his team! Kudos for going out there in various types of housing near the Mithi and creating not just awareness but a movement to not liter it.'
Aaditya Thackeray donned a black casual Tshirt paired with dark blue jeans and a matching cap. He is known to keep his fashion style casual and simple. Recently, Aaditya Thackeray and Disha Patani were recently spotted together in Juhu for a dinner. Disha Patani was seen posing sportingly for the paparazzi and Aaditya Thackeray didn't shy away either. Disha was seen donning a coral red crop top with a short blue denim skirt while Aditya Thackeray opted for his casual attire with a yellow t-shirt and plain blue jeans.
Top stories of the day
- Mumbai receives cyclonic rain before monsoon hits around June 15
- Mumbai: Esplanade holds key to heritage tag for whole precinct
- Mumbai Crime: Auto driver threatens to sever traffic cop's head, arrested in Khar
- Mumbai: NEET topper's face in ads of 3 different classes raises hackles
- Mumbai: Two die after auto crushed between dumper, private bus on EEH
- Mumbai: Chaos alert as BMC shuts old bridges in Juhu and Oshiwara
- Politicians to plant 9,000 trees for the 3,000 hacked over Metro 4 work
- Dr Ram Puniyani: To label me anti-Hindu is a carefully constructed prism'
- Mumbai doctor's suicide: Court proceedings in Dr Payal Tadvi's case to be recorded on video
- Mumbai Crime: IIT scholar who stalked woman for 5 years held in Bihar
- BMC chief Praveen Pardeshi: New zoo will help preserve Aarey better
- Sewri police arrest 'smart' thieves; discover plan to rob jewellery shops
- Mumbai: Two kids and five dogs electrocuted in first showers
- Nmami Agarwal: Celebrity nutritionist who has trained Manushi Chhillar
- Mumbai Rains: City welcomes first heavy showers of monsoon
- Masaba Gupta looks gorgeous in all-white ensemble
- Woman on flight opens emergency exit door mistaking it for toilet
- Tanuja on the road to recovery; Kajol shares a picture with mother
- Man stabbed to death by his friend over ludo game
- World Cup 2019: Anushka Sharma can't stop praising husband Virat Kohli's on-field gesture
- Yuvraj Singh receives a standing ovation from rumoured ex-girlfriend Kim Sharma on his retirement
- Yuvraj Singh: Cricket taught me to fight, fall, dust myself and get up
- World Cup 2019: ICC needs to take a serious look at the LED bails
- An era ends with Girish Karnad; last rites take place in Bengaluru
- Dino Morea and Shibani Dandekar spotted at an eatery in Bandra
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
International Sushi Day: Learn how to make mouthwatering Sushi at home from this Mumbai chef!