Aaditya Thackeray to be pitched for Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister
Shiv Sena is to allegedly to pitch Aaditya Thackeray to be made the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra
Shiv Sena is to allegedly make a strong case for Yuva Sena chief Aaditya Thackeray to be made the Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra. Shiv Sena has set its eyes on a proposed cabinet expansion which is scheduled for either Friday and Saturday and has opted Aaditya Thackeray for the Deputy CM's post. Previously, the party maintained it won't make a case for an official post, but now Aaditya Thackeray is projected as an ideal candidate to be second-in-command to Davendra Fadnavis.
If BJP approves the reported proposal, it would be the first political post for Aaditya Thackeray. In the recent Lok Sabha election, the two parties had once again combined forces and bagged an impressive result. While Shiv Sena had won 18 parliamentary seats in the state, BJP had triumphed in 23 seats leaving the Nationalist Congress Party and Congress far behind.
According to DNA, Shiv Sena has also been vying for the Deputy Speaker's post in Lok Sabha and has proposed Gajanan Kirtikar as the perfect candidate. Sanjay Raut had previously said that it is not a demand but his party's right but BJP, has not yet officially accepted the proposal and there are reports that this position could be offered to a YSR Congress candidate. Aaditya Thackeray's elevation as Deputy CM can be sealed pending a stamp of approval from BJP.
Top stories of the day
- 'Our whole life destroyed, why should he live?'
- Mumbai: Andheri colony locals shudder at tree breaks
- Rain, wind make cladding around Gandhi mural fall on man, killing him
- Esplanade should be fixed, not demolished, say heritage committee
- Parts of Mumbai may face 10-15 percent water cut till June 14
- Mumbai police help disaster management gain traction on Twitter
- Maoists arrested in May 1 Gadchiroli attack case sent to police custody
- SGNP hosts firefly show despite environmentalists' red flag
- Cabinet expansion: Shiv Sena loyalists likely to miss ministerial berth
- 'Exclude marks given to SSC students for art, sports too'
- Uran graffiti man was in touch with terror suspects, say cops
- Man beheads nephew to 'appease deities' for bountiful harvest
- Rare photos of Mukesh Ambani with wife Nita, parents Dhirubhai and Kokilaben you should not miss!
- Pune police raid 83-year-old activist's Ranchi home
- Ola driver returning customer's wallet restores man's faith in humanity
- Aaditya Thackeray: The young Shiv Sena leader turns 29 today
- Aaditya Thackeray interacts with officials at BMC headquarters in SoBo
- Gujarat on alert as cyclonic storm Vayu moves towards coast
- Heavy showers and cyclone alert in Mumbai!
- Have you seen these fabulous pictures of Disha Patani?
- Bandra Diaries: Ananya Panday, Diana Penty, Krystle D'souza, Nidhhi Agerwal spotted
- Janhvi Kapoor, Mira Rajput, Kriti Sanon sweat it out at gym in Bandra
- Juhu Diaries: Sara Ali Khan and Kartik Aaryan look from the next film goes viral
- Shahid Kapoor reveals an intimate detail about his relationship with wife Mira
- Stuart Broad's Nottingham pub does not revolve around cricket
- World Cup 2019: India hope to manage injuries and weather against NZ
- Sania Mirza slams 'cringeworthy' TV ads hyping the Indo-Pak WC match
- Rishabh Pant got nod for WC because he is lefty, says Sanjay Bangar
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Fire breaks out near Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis' bungalow Varsha!