Accused in Pune blasts case surrenders before court
The trial of the case is being conducted by the special MCOCA court in Mumbai. Expressing doubt over the prosecution's case of linking Shaikh with the blasts, the high court had granted him bail in October 2015
An accused in the August 2012 low-intensity blasts case in Pune surrendered before the special court here Thursday. The accused, Aslam Shabbir Shaikh, surrendered before special court Judge V S Padalkar after the Supreme Court refused to set aside the order passed by the Bombay High Court cancelling his bail.
The trial of the case is being conducted by the special MCOCA court in Mumbai. Expressing doubt over the prosecution's case of linking Shaikh with the blasts, the high court had granted him bail in October 2015.
The ATS, which probed the case, had sought the cancellation of his bail after he violated its term, chief public prosecutor Jaisingh Desai said. According to his bail term, he was required to visit the ATS police station, but he failed to do so. On August 1, 2012, a series of low-intensity explosions had taken place on Jungli Maharaj Road in Pune, injuring one person.
Top News Stories Of The Day
- Mumbai: Global Hospital may lose licence for turning away poor patients
- Mumbai: Goons assault cine firm President for being refused Rs 50 lakh
- Dombivli: Man assaults TCs at Kopar railway station
- Mumbai: Wadala police to finally move out of crumbling station
- Mumbai: BMC chief grants Rs 100-crore relief to loss-making BEST
- Pune school teacher held for abusing girls under pretext of 'punishment'
- Worls Hypertension Day: Hypertension cases in Maharashtra rise by 25 percent in 2018
- Mumbai: Killer gets furlough, Keenan Santos-Reuben Fernandes' kin live in fear
- Man lends mobile to woman, molests her when she returns it in Pune
- CSMT bridge collapse: BMC's detailed bridge report a damp squib
- Cambridge 2019 results: 17 percent rise in entries
- 'Historic' HC order allows stranded sailors to leave Tag Navya ship
- Learn nature photography with BNHS CEC in Goregaon
Election results 2019: Narendra Modi dedicates historic win to all Indians