Anupam Kher: Will never retire from films
Anupam Kher said one has to be excited about work to be able to continue for long
In a career spanning 35 years, Anupam Kher has seen several highs and lows but the actor says he will continue giving his all to films and retirement is nowhere in sight. The 64-year-old actor said one has to be excited about work to be able to continue for long.
"You have to be excited about your work. The day you carry the burden of 'veteran', 'legend', 'thespian' (it wouldn't work). You're given these titles to signal it's time to retire. But I won't retire from work even in the next 50 years," the actor told reporters.
For Kher, the key to be a relevant artiste is to approach every film with a clean slate - without any baggage of past laurels. "Everyday when I go to work, I tell myself I don't know anything about acting. That's the only way. If we take pride in our knowledge, we won't learn something new.
"So I always walk in thinking I don't know anything, it helps a lot. When you're ready to learn from everyone, it's great."
Kher was speaking at the trailer launch of his upcoming film, One Day. The actor said once he is done with his international commitment, he will resume work on domestic projects "from next year". He currently stars in a New York-based medical drama New Amsterdam from NBC.
"In all these years, I have seen several ups and downs and for the first time I don't have any film. I'll be back from New York in a year's time and we will start life all over again."
Directed by Ashok Nanda and co-starring Esha Gupta, the film is scheduled to release on June 1.
Top entertainment stories of the day:
- Suhana Khan: Shah Rukh Khan's daughter's transformation from cute to gorgeous
- Arbaaz Khan, Sohail-Seema, Arpita and others at Giorgia Andriani's birthday dinner in Bandra
- Cannes 2019: Sonam Kapoor brings out her inner charm in this stunning tuxedo
- Shah Rukh Khan's next with Netflix to be based on Indian politics?
- Rhea Kapoor on Sonam Kapoor's Cannes 2019 look: Wanted to add drama to a tuxedo
- Umesh Shukla's Modi: The Journey Of A Common Man is back on screen
- All you need to know about Sumeet Vyas' role in Rajkummar Rao's Made In China
- Cannes 2019: Priyanka Chopra is proud of Hina Khan's achievements
- Katrina Kaif on plans post Bharat: I want to start my production house
- Ajay Devgn shares a throwback photo with Tabu; the caption is hilarious
- Aamir Khan hosts party for mother-in-law's 75th birthday
Anupam Kher: Will be a learning experience to head FTII