Anushka Sharma and Varun Dhawan's Sui Dhaaga' to compete in Shanghai
Sui Dhaaga is about finding love and respect through self-reliance, it narrated the story of an innocent village couple Mauji and Mamta who dream big to start their own business together
Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma's Sui Dhaaga - Made in India has been selected in the competition category at the Shanghai International Film Festival The Belt and Road Film Week. A film about finding love and respect through self-reliance, it narrated the story of an innocent village couple Mauji and Mamta who dream big to start their own business together.
Sui Dhaaga - Made in India also brought together National Award-winning producer-director combo of Maneesh Sharma and Sharat Katariya after their hit film Dum Laga Ke Haisha.
Producer Maneesh Sharma said in a statement: "The story of 'Sui Dhaaga - Made in India' is a special salute to the inherent entrepreneurial spirit of local artisans in India. An engaging tale about self-reliance seen through a young couple's determination against all odds, we believe this very human theme has universal appeal across the globe.
"I eagerly look forward to the audience response at a platform as prestigious as The Shanghai International Film Festival The Belt and Road Film Week."
The actors of the film too are ecstatic with this announcement.
Varun said the movie was made with a lot of heart and is a story about a working-class man who fights for self-respect.
"I'm hoping the film will win hearts in this festival as well and they will like our made in India film," he added. Anushka described it as "an incredible story of human triumph".
"I'm certain that its universal storyline has the potential to appeal to audiences across the globe. It is quite special that our film has been selected in the competition category at The Shanghai International Film Festival The Belt and Road Film Week, which indicates that power of good content can cut across language and cultures."
The Shanghai International Film Festival The Belt and Road Film Week begins on Saturday.
Top Stories Of The Day:
- Aamir Khan wishes the most beautiful woman on earth!
- Filmmaker Ritesh Sidhwani gets a special request for Fukrey 3
- See Photo: Malaika Arora tries something new, crazy and fun in gym
- Kiara Advani: No one understands Laxmmi Bomb better than Raghava Lawrence
- Alaia Furniturewalla on Jawani Janeman: I love to over-prepare
- IIT students find Hrithik Roshan's Super 30 inauthentic; to file a fresh suit to stall the release
- Game Over Movie Review: Super unnatural thriller!
- Bigg Boss 13: Anup Jalota to co-host the show with Salman Khan?
- Neil Patrick Harris turns 46: 10 awesome Barney Stinson quotes
- Happy birthday Courteney Cox: 5 things you probably didn't know about 'Friends' actress
- Malaika Arora, Amrita Arora Ladak and Seema Khan at gym in Bandra
- Photos: Top 10 Bollywood songs that capture Mumbai's romance with rains
- Stars who married non-filmy members of Bollywood families
- Ibrahim Ali Khan plays cricket at his Bandra home
- Celeb spotting in Mumbai: Shilpa Shetty, Vidya Balan, Janhvi Kapoor's day out in the city
- Shahid Kapoor and wife Mira's dinner date in Juhu
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Here's how Anushka Sharma and Varun Dhawan are setting new benchmarks with Sui Dhaaga