Arvind Kejriwal calls cabinet meeting, reviews ongoing projects
According to senior officials, Arvind Kejriwal wants that the ongoing development projects in the city should be completed by the next few months
On May 27, 2019, a day after the model code of conduct was lifted, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal called a meeting of his cabinet and senior government officials and asked them to speed up the ongoing development works in the city. This was Kejriwal's first cabinet meeting after the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
A day after the #Modelcodeofconduct was lifted, #Delhi Chief Minister #ArvindKejriwal on May 27 called a meeting of his #cabinet and senior government officials and asked them to speed up ongoing development works in the city.— IANS Tweets (@ians_india) May 27, 2019
Photo: IANS pic.twitter.com/f6JRNvbtsc
According to a senior official, the Chief Minister has directed the departments concerned to hasten the pending works. "The Chief Minister wants that the ongoing development projects in the city should be completed by next few months," the official told IANS on the condition of anonymity.
Kejriwal's six cabinet colleagues - Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Satyendar Jain, Imran Hussain, Rajendra Pal Gautam, and Kailash Gehlot - were present at the meeting. Delhi is expected to go for Assembly elections early next year.
Top News stories of the day
- Mumbai: Derailment at Kurla disrupts Central Railway train services
- Mumbai crime: Popular salon stylist groped me, says actress
- Mumbai: Behind PG medico's suicide, constant barbs in WhatsApp groups
- Blood banks that don't update stock status will lose licence
- Mumbai: 50-year-old critically injured in Jogeshwari gas explosion dies
- Narendra Modi visits mother Heeraben in Gandhinagar, seeks blessings
- Mumbai crime: FIR registered in Anurag Kashyap's tweet plaint
- Mumbai: Vikhroli Metro station to tower over EEH, JVLR
- Narendra Dabholkar murder: 'Defence lawyer's clerk arrested from Thane'
- Super volatile all this while
- Mumbai: Civic body to find out if parking under open spaces is possible
- Mumbai crime: Two fake cops trying to loot senior citizen arrested
- Mumbai: Western Railway's third AC local will roll out in December
- Daawat to dine
- A Himalayan feast
Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.comSubscribe
Woman throws ink at Arvind Kejriwal during public meeting