Bernard Tomic quits reality TV show for tennis return

Updated: Feb 01, 2018, 12:38 IST | AFP

Australian tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic said he had a "huge wake-up call" after taking part in a reality TV show, leaving the programme early to return to the sporting world

Bernard Tomic
Bernard Tomic 

Australian tennis bad boy Bernard Tomic said he had a "huge wake-up call" after taking part in a reality TV show, leaving the programme early to return to the sporting world.

Tomic, 25, has been pilloried for his poor attitude during a season to forget in 2017 where he admitted he was bored, and earlier this month missed out on the Australian Open after losing in the qualifiers.

He then took part in commercial broadcaster Channel Ten's reality show "I'm a Celebrity ... Get Me Out of Here!", held in South Africa, but pulled out after just three days.

"I don't want to spend half my time depressed here and thinking about how I played the last year and where I should be," Tomic said on the programme aired yesterday as he explained his departure to other participants.

"And me being here with my thoughts now has just gave me a huge wake-up call... I need to be competing and playing in what I do best and that's why I've decided to leave."

Catch up on all the latest sports news and updates here

Download the new mid-day Android and iOS apps to get updates on all the latest and trending stories on the go

Trending Video

Sign up for all the latest news, top galleries and trending videos from Mid-day.com

Subscribe
Loading...

Sourav Ganguly set to be next BCCI President

NEXT STORY
This website uses cookie or similar technologies, to enhance your browsing experience and provide personalised recommendations. By continuing to use our website, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Cookie Policy. OK