Bihar engineers were killed over Rs 75 cr ransom demand
A ransom of Rs 75 crore was demanded from the private construction company that employed the two engineers, who were killed in Bihar’s Darbhanga district, a company official said yesterday
Patna: A ransom of Rs 75 crore was demanded from the private construction company that employed the two engineers, who were killed in Bihar’s Darbhanga district, a company official said yesterday.
B K Jha, chief project manager of BSC-C&C Joint Venture Ltd, told media persons in Darbhanga that shooter Mukesh Pathak, who works for notorious gangster Santosh Jha, has been demanding levy since August from the company.
"Pathak demanded 10 per cent of Rs 750 crore road construction project of the company," he said.
Two engineers of the company were shot dead by two motorcycle-borne unidentified criminals allegedly for failure to pay the extortion money. The company official said Pathak called several times between December 16 and 20.
"I myself received two such calls from Pathak. Also, base camp project manager Shiv Bachan Singh Yadav also received a similar call."
The official said the company has faith in Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and his assurance to maintain law and order in the state.
A Special Investigation Team has been formed, led by Special Task Force Superintendent of Police Shivdeep Lande.
So far, six suspects have been arrested.