Birthday special: 10 interesting facts about Emma Watson
Emma Watson left us mesmerised with her wit and knowledge as Hermione Granger in the on-screen adaptation of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series, having appeared in all 8 films from 2001 to 2011. As the English actress turns 27 today, we bring you 10 interesting facts about Emma that you may not have known
Emma Watson left us mesmerised with her wit and knowledge as Hermione Granger in the on-screen adaptation of JK Rowling's Harry Potter series, having appeared in all 8 films from 2001 to 2011. As the English actress turns 27 today, we bring you 10 interesting facts about Emma that you may not have known.
Emma Watson. Pic/Santa Banta
1. Emma Watson was born in Paris. She lived in Paris until the age of five and moved to England following her parents' divorce.
2. She wanted to become an actress since she was six years old. Emma had never acted professionally until, at the age of nine, her theatre teacher referred her to the agents looking to cast Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series. She secured her part after auditioning eight times.
Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint in 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone'. Pic/Santa Banta
3. Emma's first role outside the Harry Potter franchise was the BBC film 'Ballet Shoes' in 2007, an adaptation of the novel by the same name. She also lent her voice to the role of Princess Pea in the animated film 'The Tale of Despereaux'.
4. Emma Watson is the youngest star to have graced the cover of Teen Vogue at the age of 15.
5. She graduated from Brown University in the US in English literature on May 25, 2014.
Emma Watson shared this selfie on the day of her graduation from Brown University in the US. Picture courtesy: Emma Watson's Twitter account @EmWatson
6. Emma is a cat lover. She has two cats: Bubbles and Domino.
7. Emma Watson is a certified yoga and meditation instructor.
Emma Watson's no-make-up look. Picture courtesy: Emma's Twitter account @EmWatson
8. In 2014, she was appointed as a UN Women Goodwill Ambassador and helped launch the UN Women campaign HeForShe, which calls for men to advocate gender equality.
9. Emma Watson made her singing debut in a live-action adaptation of 'Beauty and the Beast' where she plays Belle opposite Dan Stevens, the Beast.
10. In February 2010, she was named as Hollywood's highest paid actress, having earned an estimated 19 million pounds in 2009.